Everyone knows that kids’ FAVORITE food is chicken nuggets. If you are like us then you are less than thrilled with the frozen and fast food options available. They are overly processed and full of preservatives. This is why we have come up with an AWESOME recipe for oven baked, from scratch chicken nuggets!
From Scratch Chicken Nuggets
Ready in about 1 hour
Makes about 20 nuggets
- 2 pounds of ground chicken breasts (we prefer buying local chicken and grinding it ourselves but store-bought is totally fine!)
- 1.5 c of chickpea flour (1/2 c for mixing in the chicken and 1 c for breading) (another flour will also work fine)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried, minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried paprika
- **you will need to use the same amounts of spices to season the breading also, so you will need double the amounts listed**
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, 1/2 c chickpea flour, 1 egg (beaten), and spices.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 c chickpea flour and the other half of the spices.
- Form nuggets into your desired shape and size then coat them with the flour mixture to bread.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking liner or parchment paper and bake for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size of your nuggets. (Internal temperature needs to reach 165*)
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and sides!
Bonus! Quick and easy honey mustard!
Combine 1/2 c mayo, 1/2 c yellow mustard, and 1/4 – 1/3 c honey (depending on how sweet you prefer!). We mix ours up in a mason jar so we can store what we don’t use right away.
Give us a thumbs up!
We would love to hear from you!!